Are you looking to Root Samsung Galaxy Quantum 2? If yes, then look no further today I got you covered. After receiving tons of requests regarding the Samsung Galaxy Quantum 2 rooting method. Finally, I am here for all of you writing this guide so that you all can root your Samsung Galaxy Quantum 2.
So, if you just purchased this device and you want to do cool stuff like flashing Zip files/ROMs then you need to first Root Samsung Galaxy Quantum 2 then only you can do things like that.
This guide is strictly made for Samsung Galaxy Quantum 2, so don’t follow the below steps on devices other than Galaxy Quantum 2. As the device is very new we don’t have the TWRP file of Galaxy Quantum 2 but that doesn’t mean we can not root galaxy Quantum 2.
There are so many methods available online to root any device, you just need to follow a trustworthy site like ours. Anyway, in this guide, we are going to use Magisk and Odin method to root Galaxy Quantum 2. If you don’t know what I am saying then don’t worry you will understand as you go along with this guide.
Table of Contents
About Galaxy Quantum 2
Galaxy Quantum 2 is a mid-range smartphone. It is having 6.4 inches with a Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen display of 1440×3200. It is running on Android 11. It is having internal storage of 28GB which is quite big to store apps, games, photos, etc. And 6GB RAM which makes the device super fast. It also has a 20MP secondary camera that clicks amazing selfies and a triple camera of 64MP + 12MP + 5MP primary camera which also clicks some amazing shots. It has Qualcomm Snapdragon 855+ chipset.
Now before we begin writing steps that are required to Root Samsung Galaxy Quantum 2, I want you to first know what does Root means and what are its merits and demerits.
What Does Rooting a device mean?
This is the common question that comes into every newbie’s mind who going to step into the world of rooting. Basically, rooting as the name suggests it means getting access to the root of our device or getting admin access to our device’s main system.
Once the device is rooted you get complete access to your device, you can delete the system files, makes changes to the system files, and access the files that you couldn’t without rooting. It actually lets you make changes to your device’s OS as well.
A rooted device can install Xposed framework, Custom ROM, flash Zip files, etc. However, it also voids the warranty of the device. And in the worst case, if you don’t follow the correct guide you may end bricking your device.
Advantages of Rooting
- You can install custom ROMs like LineageOS, Resurrection Remix, etc.
- Increase the battery life of your device.
- Boost the performance of your device.
- You can change the complete UI of the device.
- You can delete and make changes in the system file of your Android device.
- Only rooted devices can install and enjoy Xposed Framework.
Disadvantages of Rooting
- Your phone warranty will be void if you attempt to root your device. So, I want you all to think twice before rooting your device.
- You may end up bricking your device if you follow any useless sites online. You must follow all the steps carefully.
- Rooted devices are more prone to catch viruses.
Now I think I have already cleared all your doubts about Rooting, now let’s move to the actual guide.
NeedAndroid.com will not take any responsibility for any kind of problem to occur in your device at the time of rooting. We are 100% sure that this article is well written without any errors. But, if you don’t follow it correctly then you will end up bricking your device. So, FOLLOW THIS GUIDE CAREFULLY!
Before you Start
Backup is Important:
I highly recommend you to take the backup of your important files and data. While rooting you may lose all your personal photos, contacts, call logs, messages, etc. So, it is very important to take a backup of everything before you proceed further.
Download USB Drivers
As we are going to take the help of the Odin tool, we need to install the latest USB drivers of Samsung. So, if your Laptop/PC doesn’t have USB drivers installed then go ahead and install them first. Otherwise, you can not create a connection between your device and PC/Laptop.
The battery should be charged
Now I don’t want you to brick your device, so I highly suggest you charge your device to at least 50% level so that while performing the below steps your device remains powered.
Above are some important points that I made cleared. Now below are the files that are required to root Galaxy Quantum 2.
Required Files to Root Samsung Galaxy Quantum 2
Samsung Galaxy Quantum 2 Stock ROM/Firmware: Download
Odin Tool for Windows: Download
Odin Tool for MACOS: Download
Magisk App: Download
Steps to Root Samsung Galaxy Quantum 2 Easily via Odin
How to Root Samsung Galaxy Quantum 2
As I already stated above, we need to take the help of both Magisk and Odin tools to root our device. Now first we need to take the help of Magisk. What you have to do is download the Magisk App to your Galaxy Quantum 2 from the above download section. After downloading the Magisk app, you need to install it.
Now you need to extract the firmware that you downloaded from the download section. After extracting it you will get a Boot.img file. Simply transferred that file into the root folder of your device.
Now you need to follow the below steps to patch the boot.img file with the help of Magisk App.
Steps to Create Patched Boot Image using Magisk
- Once it is done, go to the Magisk Manager>Install>Select AP File.
- Now Magisk will patch the file and it will be named “magisk_patched.img”. You can find the patched file in Internal Storage/Download/magisk_patched.img.
- Transfer that file patched file to your PC via USB cable.
- Now with the help of the 7zip tool you need to convert the extension from .img to .tar because Odin only accept .tar extension. Check the below image for reference.
Steps to Root Samsung Galaxy Quantum 2 using Odin
- Now you have a .Tar extension file. You are ready to Root Galaxy Quantum 2.
- Boot your device into download mode and connect your device with a PC via USB cable.
- Now you need to use Odin if you don’t have Odin already installed, then, the first download and install it from the above-Required Files section.
- Now Open Odin and check if your device is properly connected or not, if it is connected properly then you will see the screen something like this:-
- Select AP and browse the magisk_patched_tar file which you transferred in your desktop.
Make sure Auto Reboot is UNCHECKED.
- Click on the Start button to start the flashing process and root Galaxy Quantum 2.
- Now once the flashing process is done, don’t directly boot your device. We have to do wipe the device completely.
- Boot your device into stock recovery by pressing the ‘Power’ and ‘Volume Up’ buttons together.
- Now, once you are in the recovery, select Wipe data/factory reset option with the help of Volume button and wipe and factory reset your device.
- Now go back to the screen and select Reboot System.
- Your device will now boot into a rooted system. Now you can enjoy all the benefits of a Rooted device.
You can make sure if your device is actually rooted or not by installing Root Checker Application. Above is the only working method that can root galaxy Quantum 2, if you see any other method like root via Kingoroot or any other app then don’t follow it.
If you have any queries or you are stuck in any part then do comment below and let us know, we will help you to solve your query.