Very good news for all the users of Vivo Y73, finally all the owners of Vivo Y73 can root their device. So, if you are the one who wants to Root Vivo Y73 then this guide is made for you. Below we have shared the working method to root Vivo Y73 without the use of TWRP recovery.
Recently released Vivo Y73 can be rooted now, so if you are a user of Vivo Y73 and you are looking forward to rooting your Vivo Y73 then your search ends here because here we are back with another rooting guide, and this time we are helping Vivo Y73 users to root their device.
This method may sound complicated for some users but it is 100% working and right now only this method can help you to root your Vivo Y73, as TWRP recovery is not yet developed for Vivo Y73, so, we only left with the Magisk method. In this method, first, we need to download Vivo Y73 firmware, and then we need to patch it up with Magisk. Well, now it may be sounding more complicated, so it is better to read the below instructions.
Some Interesting Vivo Y73 Specification
Vivo Y73 is a budget-oriented smartphone. It is having 6.44 inches with a 1080*2400 screen resolution. It is running on Android 11.0 with Origin OS and having MediaTek Helio G95 SOC. It is having internal storage of 128GB which is quite big to store apps, games, photos, etc. And 8GB RAM which makes the device super fast. It also has a 16MP secondary camera that clicks amazing selfies and a 64MP + 2MP + 2MP Triple primary camera which also clicks some amazing shots. Vivo Y73 has a 4000 mAh battery.
So, before jumping to the tutorial let’s discuss first What is Rooting? Advantage and Disadvantage.
What is Rooting?
Rooting is nothing but a process of getting full control of your device. After you root your device you will get the full control of your android device in your hand. You can do so many things after rooting your device. But there are not only advantages of Rooting but there is an equal disadvantage too. Check below what are those advantages and disadvantages.
What are the Advantages of Rooting
There are so many advantages of Rooting. We have listed Top 4 Advantages of Rooting which are:-
- Once you root your device you can install flashable zip files and custom ROMs.
- You can download the paid apps for free after rooting by using some applications which only works on a rooted device.
- You can download the different MOD or hack for your Android games.
- You can customize your device according to your needs.
What are the Disadvantages of Rooting?
- Once you root your device, your device warranty will be void.
- Some users reported that after rooting. their device becomes slower than usual.
- If you don’t follow any trusted guide then your device can be dead and there will be no choice other than to restore it to the stock ROM which can erase complete data of your device.
So, now I think you understood What is Rooting, its advantages and disadvantages. Now let’s begin with the actual topic of this guide which is Root Vivo Y73. Firstly, discuss the first and easiest method for Vivo Y73 Root.
NeedAndroid.com will not take any responsibility for any kind of problem to occur in your device at the time of rooting. We are 100% sure that this article is well written without any errors. But, if you don’t follow it correctly then you will end up bricking your device. So, FOLLOW THIS GUIDE CAREFULLY!
Files Required to Root Vivo Y73
Download Vivo Y73 Firmware
How to Easily Root Vivo Y73
Before Jumping to the first method make sure you have unlocked the bootloader.
How to Root Vivo Y73 with Magisk
- Now, download and install Magisk Manager by topjohnwu.
- Once the installation is done, you have to get the latest Vivo Y73 Stock ROM/Firmware. You can download the firmware from the above download section.
- Now, you need to extract the firmware content, there you’ll see Boot.img file, you can do the extraction part in your device directly or you can extract the content in PC and then transfer the Boot.img in your device.
- Once it is done, go to the Magisk Manager>Install>Select and Patch a File>Select Boot.img File.
- Now Magisk will patch the file and it will be named as “magisk_patched.img”. You can find the patched file in Internal Storage/Download/magisk_patched.img.
- Now, with the help of USB cable transfer the magisk_patched_img file to your PC or Laptop.
- Now you need to flash that patched img file with the help of SP Flash Tool. Follow the below link to know how to flash Stock ROM/Firmware/Patched_Magisk.img
If by any chance the above method is not working or you are not comfortable with SP Flash Tool then you can follow this method too. This method also needs a PC or Laptop, so make sure you have a working PC/Laptop.
- First of all, you need to have working ADB and Fastboot drivers installed on your PC.
- Now paste the downloaded firmware in the same folder where you have installed the ADB and Fastboot drivers.
- Now, open command windows on the same folder by holding Shift Button on your Keyboard and press the Right mouse button simultaneously.
- Now copy the below command in the Command/PowerShell window.
fastboot flash recovery
Replace filename.img to the name of the magisk_patched.img
- As soon as you hit enter the flashing process will start. Once the process is 100% done, enter the below command:
So, this was our guide on How to Root Vivo Y73 with Magisk and without using TWRP recovery. If you have any queries then don’t hesitate to ask us in the comment section below.